Top 5 Tuesday is hosted by Bionic Book Worm. This week’s topic is: Top 5 Summer Reads. I’m going to take this as the top 5 reads I’m looking forward to reading this summer.
Outsider (Kate Burkholder #12) by Linda Castillo
Once You Go This Far (Roxane Weary #4) by Kristen Lepionka
The Silent Wife (Will Trent #10) by Karin Slaughter
Midnight Sun (The Twilight Saga #5) by Stephenie Meyer
My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies #3) by The Lady Janies.
What Books are you looking forward to reading this summer?
Top 5 Tuesday is hosted by Bionic Book Worm. This week’s topic is about opening lines, but I decided to do the prompt from a couple weeks ago that I missed: Top 5 Cute Romances. I’m narrowing the topic further with only books I’ve read in 2020.
The First Date by Zara Stoneley.
10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston.
The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves #3) by Karla Sorensen.
The Honey-Don’t List by Christina Lauren.
Always a Bridesmaid by Cindi Madsen
What cute romances have you read this year?
Top 5 Tuesday is hosted by Bionic Book Worm. This week’s topic is: Top 5 Popular Books I Haven’t Read.
Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I know everyone in the world loves this, but I really don’t think I’ll ever read it. There is honestly nothing about it that looks interesting to me. Plus, I DNF-ed that Evelyn Hugo book that everyone loved, so I feel like this would be a similar situation.
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Another series that really just didn’t sound interesting to me. I might still try it some day, but if I haven’t read it yet, I doubt I ever will.
It by Stephen King. Actually, I have never read a Stephen King book. I’m not really into Horror and all of his books look far too long.
The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. I’ve seen nothing but wonderful reviews on this, but I tried it once and couldn’t get into it at all.
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. I know everyone loves this, too, but I strongly reject the romanticism of prostitution.
What popular books have you not read?
Top 5 Tuesday is hosted by Bionic Book Worm. This week’s topic is: Top 5 Books that Made Me Laugh
My Lady Jane by the Lady Janies.
Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters
Let’s Get Textual (Texting #1) by Teagan Hunter
Dating You/Hating You by Christina Lauren
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan
What are some books that made you laugh?
Top 5 Tuesday is hosted by Bionic Book Worm. This week’s topic is: Top 5 Books that Weren’t What I Expected.
1. Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I expected another run of the mill dystopian and wasn’t prepared for this epic Sci-Fi adventure.
2. 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne. I expected another super cute, fun romance like Thorne’s The Hating Game, but this one lacked all the charm of the first book.
3. The Fallen Crest High series by Tijan. I think the most unexpected thing about this series is how much I actually enjoyed it. It’s not my usual type of read, but I was addicted.
4. Beartown by Fredrik Backman. I actually had no expectations of this at all and only decided to try reading it because Brandie lent me her copy. It ended up becoming one of my favorite books of all time.
5. My Lady Jane by the Lady Janies. Alternate history and shapeshifters are two things that I’m not generally a fan of, but all the great reviews I saw on this one made me read it – with great hesitation. It’s another one I ended up loving. Every weird thing about it just worked for me and I can’t recommend it highly enough.
What are some books that turned out differently than you expected?