This week’s prompt for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, didn’t really speak to me, so I decided to look through past topics instead. I decided to go with: Top Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read.
1. Velocity (Karen Vail #3) by Alan Jacobson.
2. Dare Me by Megan Abbott
3. Wool by Hugh Howey
4. Wrecked (Barnes Brothers #1) by Shiloh Walker
5. A Future Arrived (Passing Bells #3) by Phillip Rock
6. The Unexpected Gift by Berna King
7. The Cuckoo’s Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith
8. On Distant Shores (Wings of the Nightingale #2) by Sarah Sundin
9. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare
10. Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
What books have been on your TBR the longest?
This week’s Top 5 Wednesday is: Books You Want to Finally Read in 2017. I decided to go with books I’ve won in giveaways that I was very excited about winning, but still haven’t left my bookshelf for whatever reason.
1. Deep Blue (Waterfire Series #1) by Jennifer Donnelly. I also won cute blue and purple nail polish that is supposed to match the covers of the first two books in the series (those I’ve used).
2. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
3. Mackenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn #2) by Elle Casey.
4. The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks.
5. On Distant Shores (Wings of the Nightingale #2) by Sarah Sundin.
What books do you have sitting on your shelves that you want to read in 2017?
I checked my mail after work today and was excited to see I had a package. I won my first giveaway recently and it finally arrived! I won On Distant Shores by Sarah Sundin, courtesy of Cassie from Bookshelves and Windows (go check out her blog!). Thanks Cassie! I’m looking forward to reading this!
Synopsis from Good Reads:
Lt. Georgiana Taylor has everything she could want. A comfortable boyfriend back home, a loving family, and a challenging job as a flight nurse. But in July 1943, Georgie’s cozy life gets decidedly more complicated when she meets pharmacist Sgt. John Hutchinson. Hutch resents the lack of respect he gets as a noncommissioned serviceman and hates how the war keeps him from his fiancée. While Georgie and Hutch share a love of the starry night skies over Sicily, their lives back home are falling apart. Can they weather the hurt and betrayal? Or will the pressures of war destroy the fragile connection they’ve made?
“With her signature attention to detail and her talent for bringing characters together, Sarah Sundin pens another exciting tale in her series featuring WWII flight nurses. Fans new and old will find in On Distant Shores the perfect combination of emotion, action, and romance.