This week’s prompt for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, didn’t really speak to me, so I decided to look through past topics instead. I decided to go with: Top Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read.
1. Velocity (Karen Vail #3) by Alan Jacobson.
2. Dare Me by Megan Abbott
3. Wool by Hugh Howey
4. Wrecked (Barnes Brothers #1) by Shiloh Walker
5. A Future Arrived (Passing Bells #3) by Phillip Rock
6. The Unexpected Gift by Berna King
7. The Cuckoo’s Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith
8. On Distant Shores (Wings of the Nightingale #2) by Sarah Sundin
9. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare
10. Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
What books have been on your TBR the longest?
I was tagged for this by Abbie over at The Fuzzy Bookworm. Go check out her blog! Feel free to tag yourself if you’d like.
A hyped book you’re not going to read?
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. I have seen nothing but absolutely glowing reviews on this book, but every time I think about trying it I read the synopsis again and I just don’t find it interesting. Never say never, but I don’t really see myself ever picking this up.
A series you won’t start/won’t be finishing?
The Never Never series by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. I read the first book because it was free and actually ended up liking it enough that at the time I wanted to read the rest of it. But since the subsequent books weren’t free and the third book STILL hasn’t showed up at my e-library, I pretty much decided I wouldn’t read the rest. I did see a lot of mixed reviews on the ending that kind of intrigued me so I finally asked a friend for spoilers on it. I can’t even remember what she said happened, but I do remember that I thought it was lame, so I have zero interest to ever finish this.
A classic you’re just not interested in?
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. There was a time in my life when I really wanted to read this, but now I basically know how the story goes and I think I would hate the characters so much that I wouldn’t enjoy it.
Any genres you’ve never read?
I heard once that Dinosaur Erotica is a thing? I’ve never read that.
A book on your shelves you’ll probably never actually read?
Wool by Hugh Howey. I’ve heard good things about this and my sister absolutely loves it, but every time I try to start it I just can’t get into it.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish, is: Top Ten Books I Can’t Believe I Haven’t/Want To Read From X Genre (for example I feel like I’m pretty well read in contemporary YA but there are some STAPLES I can’t believe I haven’t read. Or if you just want to books you WANT to read in a particular genre..not necessarily long overdue). I’ve decided to go with Top Ten Books on my TBR I can’t believe I haven’t read yet, regardless of genre. These are some of the oldest books on my Good Reads TBR shelf that are all still ones I really want to read.
1. Velocity (Karen Vail #3) by Alan Jacobson. I read the first 2 books when they were free for Nook and I was like, dying, for this one. I put it on my TBR on Good Reads on 6/2/12.
2. The Giver by Lois Lowry. Added 6/3/12.
3. Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding. Added June 15, 2012.
4. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. Added June 15, 2012.
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Added June 15, 2012.
6. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Added June 15, 2012.
7. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. Added June 15, 2012.
8. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. Added June 15, 2012.
9. Wool by Hugh Howey. Added September 24, 2012
10. The Unexpected Gift by Berna King. Added May 11, 2013.