It’s been awhile since I’ve done a tag and I saw this one over on Bookworm Blogger and thought it looked fun.
1. ADAPTATION SNOB: DO YOU ALWAYS READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU SEE THE MOVIE?
No. A lot of times watching a show or movie will make me want to read a book that wasn’t on my radar before. Reading the book first will most likely ruin the show/movie for me because most adaptions are not done well when it comes to being faithful to the source material.
2. FORMAT SNOB: YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE FORMAT IN WHICH TO READ BOOKS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH ONE DO YOU CHOOSE: PHYSICAL BOOKS, EBOOKS, OR AUDIOBOOKS?
While I’ll always love physical books, I could not give up my e-reader.
3. SHIP SNOB: WOULD YOU DATE OR MARRY A NON-READER?
Yes, but I would prefer another booknerd.
4. GENRE SNOB: YOU HAVE TO DITCH ONE GENRE – NEVER TO BE READ AGAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH ONE DO YOU DITCH?
Non-Fiction. I usually only read a couple of non-fiction books a year, so I could easily give them up.
5. UBER GENRE SNOB: YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE TO READ FROM ONE GENRE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH GENRE DO YOU CHOOSE?
I want to say Mystery/Thriller (I’m counting them as one genre because I honestly don’t know the difference between them and always just push them together like that), but if I look at what I’ve read most of this year, it’s been Romance. But I might be too snobby to make Romance the final answer.
6. COMMUNITY SNOB: WHICH GENRE DO YOU THINK RECEIVES THE MOST SNOBBERY FROM THE BOOKISH COMMUNITY?
Romance. Even though it’s a huge market.
7. SNOBBERY RECIPIENT: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SNUBBED FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN READING OR FOR READING IN GENERAL?
My brother used to send me a lot of memes like the below to poke fun at me, but other than that, not really.