I missed this Top Ten Tuesday topic recently and since tv is my second love, I still wanted to participate in it. So here is my list of Top Ten Bingeworthy TV Shows.
1. 30 Rock. This was always one of my go-to’s. It’s so funny. I can’t begin to tell you how sad I am that it’s not on Netflix anymore. I only have the first two seasons on dvd and I need to remedy that.
2. Parks & Rec. Another go-to. I actually watched this entire series so many times that I had to take a little break from it. Ben & Leslie are one of my all-time OTPs.
3. Brooklyn 99. This is probably my favorite show that is currently on tv. I love the cast and the humor. And Jake and Amy! I’m so happy that NBC picked this up after Fox cancelled it.
4. New Girl. I binge this show probably once a year or so. It’s great when you’re in the mood for something quirky.
5. The Office. While this show definitely lasted a few years longer than it should’ve, I still love it. I’ve been watching this one a lot more recently than I had in awhile and it’s not getting old yet. Jim and Pam are my OTP (we’ll just pretend the last season never existed).
6. Community. This is one of my favorite shows ever. It pains me to admit the last couple seasons were not very good, though. Still, we got our 6 seasons and I’m still waiting for the movie! #SixSeasonsAndAMovie
7. The 100. I never really cared about this show until recently. While watching the most recent season I decided to binge it from the beginning as there was a lot that I missed. It’s definitely better to watch in binge-format. And I’m all about #Bellarke.
8. Life Unexpected. I didn’t watch this show when it was on tv, but I’ve binged it a couple of times now on Netflix. It’s only two seasons so it doesn’t take long and it’s enjoyable.
9. Gilmore Girls. How many times have I watched this series? Far too many to count. This was probably one of my first binge-watching experiences. My college roommates and I used to watch this for hours at a time.
10. Younger. This is a great show to binge watch! I didn’t watch it until right before season 4 started and I binged the first 3 seasons right before.
23 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows”
Would you believe I’ve never seen Gilmore Girls?! Shameful. I should binge watch it sometime. The Office is my favorite show after FRIENDS. We watch it all the time. Jim and Pam are the best. I think I’d like Parks and Rec – need to try it!
Seriously! You will love Gilmore Girls! I think you will like Parks & Rec, too. It’s similar humor to The Office. I thought it took until about halfway through the 2nd season before it really hit it stride (the first season was only like 6 episodes or something), so stick with it if you don’t love it at first. It gets so much better.
I love New Girl and Gilmore Girls. Both amazing bingeworthy shows.
Aren’t they!? They’re so good.
I loved New Girl and Gilmore Girls. I still need to watch the rest of these. 😦
They’re so good! I definitely recommend the other ones on this list. I think you would enjoy Younger, especially.
30 Rock was sooo funny. Liz Lemon and Leslie should get their own sitcom together.
I would totally watch that show! I relate to Liz Lemon so much it’s kind of sad haha.
No that’s great. Has there been a better character intro than Liz when she buys all those hot dogs to prove the point?!
I have not watched Gilmore Girls yet. I need to start. I like to bingewatch the 1995 BBC Pride and Prejudice mini series. My hubby and I watched Lost nonstop. I love Friends and New Girl. I need to start at the beginning with Friends. I only catch episodes here and there when it is on TV.
I like that version of Pride and Prejudice, too! Lost was definitely a show that would have been good to binge. I watched it live every episode like a chump haha. You should totally give Gilmore Girls a try! It’s so good.
Awesome list! I’ve heard really great things about the Office and Brooklyn 99 but I never got around to trying them. Honestly, it might be out of fear that the humour might not be to my taste hehe 😛
Thanks! They are both very specific kinds of comedy that probably isn’t for everyone. But I still definitely recommend giving them a shot!
You’re giving me some good ideas. One of these days, when our kids move out, we will be empty nesters and can watch a bunch of shows!
There are so many great ones to choose from!!
I really feel like Psych should be on your list, too! 😀
Oh I forgot about Psych! Yes, that is a great show to binge! It’s another one not on Netflix anymore and I only have the first season on dvd.
Pingback: October 2018 Recap + Life Updates + It’s My Birthday! | Stephanie's Book Reviews
Great list of TV Shows! I’m a huge TV Nerd, LoL, so I’ve watched all of these series. I did try watching a few episodes of The 100, but just couldn’t really get into it at the time.
So happy Brooklyn 99 got picked up by NBC! Still so surprised FOX cancelled it the way they did. I’m actually on the last season of The Office now. I watched like half of the series when it was still on TV and fell behind after season 7.
I absolutely love Younger! And the season that aired over the summer was so incredibly good! Can’t wait for the new season to start already, LoL.
My favorite series probably of the year at this time is Forever on Amazon Prime. Also The Goldbergs, Alone Together, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are also favorites.
You have excellent taste in tv! I can’t wait for my Brooklyn 99 and Younger. I actually haven’t watched any of the shows you mentioned as your favorites, though. I will need to check them out!
Thanks so much! You do as well =)!
Agree, can’t wait for Brooklyn to return. It’s back in January! I have no idea when Younger is coming back. I do know that it’s going to be on the Paramount Network when it returns though.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is so good. It’s a musical comedy/drama. This current season it’s on is the last one, so if you wait till this season is over with you can watch all the episodes back to back. It’s available on Netflix.
In case you didn’t know 30 Rock transferred to Hulu a little whiles ago. Loved that show too!
I had heard 30 Rock was on Hulu, but I unfortunately don’t have that service. The only reason I have Netflix is because my brother made me a profile on his account haha