This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish, is: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Read A Book. You can check out my post from last week with things that make me instantly want to read a book here.
1. Surprise Pregnancy/Surprise-You’re-A-Father!
2. Love Triangles.
3. Historical Fiction that features real historical figures as the main characters.
4. Over the top amount of profanity.
5. “Steamy” scenes in YA.
6. Mocking religion/faith.
7. Notes from the editor or author in the beginning of the book saying how good/important it is (Can we say, “Trying too hard?”).
9. A “Surprise” element that wasn’t mentioned in the synopsis – like when a general fiction book suddenly reveals magic/supernatural elements without warning.
10. An awful cover.