This week’s Top 5 Wednesday is: Series That Got Worse with Each Book/Season. I decided to go with my second love, TV series, instead of book series. These may not be series where each season was worse than the one before, but ones that maybe had several great seasons before they started to deteriorate.
1. Reign (The CW). I’ve never been a die-hard fan of this series, but I did enjoy most of the first season and felt the second season was not nearly as good. The third season was basically awful. I recently saw that the up-coming fourth season will be it’s last and I can’t say I’m sorry to see it go.
2. How I Met Your Mother (CBS). I had a lot of love for this show for many years, but the last few seasons definitely fell into awful territory and should have ended way before it did. The only reason I even decided to watch the last season was because it was it’s last season (and don’t even get me started on what a joke the final episode was).
3. The Office (NBC). It kind of pains to me to include this show on the list because I do still consider it one of my all time favorites. However, it’s another series that hung on a little too long. It should have ended when Steve Carrell left the show. Sure there were a handful of episodes after that were still pretty good, but only a handful over 2 seasons is just sad.
4. Glee (Fox). I was kind of obsessed with Glee when it first started. I just made me happy (gleeful even). But somewhere in the second or third season the storylines seemed to keep repeating and once half the original cast graduated I thought it really went off the rails. I stopped watching soon after that.
5. Bones (Fox). I enjoyed this series for many years. I loved the interactions between Booth and Bones and kept waiting for them to finally get together. Then they did and I was like…meh. I just kind of gradually stopped watching this show, forgetting about episodes here and there until I finally just gave up. I haven’t watched it in a couple years now.
9 thoughts on “Top 5 Wednesday: Series That Got Worse with Each Season”
I started my T5W list this morning (I’ll finish it tonight) and I think I’ll manage to keep “The Office” off of it (although I might give it an honorable mention). As much as I love that show, even though it sucked without Michael, I just can’t bring myself to include it on the list.
I know what you mean! I still count it as one of my favorite shows, but I also thought it really fit the prompt for this week by the last few seasons.
Man, shame about Reign! I was just starting to get caught up 😛
I would agree about HIMYM. It definitely hit a low by the mid-way point. I did enjoy that last season, until that very last episode. I’m still bitter.
Glee I absolutely adored when it first came out. I think the first half of Season 1 has some of the smartest writing in TV. But they really dragged out the show I think. I stopped watching once the first set of people graduated and have no desire to return.
Oh I’m still bitter about the last episode of HIMYM, too! I saw a fan video that edited it to end at a different part and it was so much better so I like to pretend that’s the real ending. Glee should have either ended after the original cast graduated or they should have had a better plan (or better replacements!).
I agree about Reign, it’s on my list too! I haven’t even finished the 3rd season now, I just don’t feel any motivation to watch it
Yeah I couldn’t even tell you what happened in season 3. It became a “background show” that I “watched” while reading so I was constantly missing what was going on haha.
I am with you!!
Glee is the only show I officially and completely left with no intention of turning back… I was so addicted, but things started to get repetitive and boring and when they changed the cast I took my chance!
Another one is Bones I loved this one!! And I kind of left it even without noticing, but it’s not the same case as with glee because I plan someday in finishing it…
Oh and that HIMYM finale??? I was waiting for a friend of mine to finally watch it and be able to comment… But it was such a disappointment!! I felt as if they were laughing right at my face!! 10 years for that?? Seriously???
Pingback: December 2016 Recap | Stephanie's Book Reviews