This week’s Top 5 Wednesday is: Series That Got Worse with Each Book/Season. I decided to go with my second love, TV series, instead of book series. These may not be series where each season was worse than the one before, but ones that maybe had several great seasons before they started to deteriorate.
1. Reign (The CW). I’ve never been a die-hard fan of this series, but I did enjoy most of the first season and felt the second season was not nearly as good. The third season was basically awful. I recently saw that the up-coming fourth season will be it’s last and I can’t say I’m sorry to see it go.
2. How I Met Your Mother (CBS). I had a lot of love for this show for many years, but the last few seasons definitely fell into awful territory and should have ended way before it did. The only reason I even decided to watch the last season was because it was it’s last season (and don’t even get me started on what a joke the final episode was).
3. The Office (NBC). It kind of pains to me to include this show on the list because I do still consider it one of my all time favorites. However, it’s another series that hung on a little too long. It should have ended when Steve Carrell left the show. Sure there were a handful of episodes after that were still pretty good, but only a handful over 2 seasons is just sad.
4. Glee (Fox). I was kind of obsessed with Glee when it first started. I just made me happy (gleeful even). But somewhere in the second or third season the storylines seemed to keep repeating and once half the original cast graduated I thought it really went off the rails. I stopped watching soon after that.
5. Bones (Fox). I enjoyed this series for many years. I loved the interactions between Booth and Bones and kept waiting for them to finally get together. Then they did and I was like…meh. I just kind of gradually stopped watching this show, forgetting about episodes here and there until I finally just gave up. I haven’t watched it in a couple years now.