Today’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise!
1. Read one hard-cover book a month. I read almost exclusively on my Nook. I bought several books awhile back from a library sale that I was really excited about, but haven’t read yet. I’ve also won a few in giveaways. My biggest reason for not reading them were always that it’s just so much easier to carry around my Nook and I did most of my reading at lunch at work. But now that I’ve switched jobs and also have a shorter lunch time, the majority of my reading will now be at home.
2. Read one book I discover from other blogs a month. I discover lots of great books from other blogs, but most of them just go on my TBR list and stay there. I want to actually read these books and give credit to the bloggers that discovered them before me.
3. Read Harry Potter. I’ve honestly never really been interested in reading this series, but I feel like I need to give it a try since everyone loves it so much.
4. Revise my rating system. Since I started blogging about a year and a half ago I have not given any books 5 stars. In 2014 I started a new rating system that I think made me less harsh, but I think it could still be better.
5. Re-read and review old favorites. This was one of my 2014 resolutions that I didn’t do. I really want to write reviews for books that I love, but read before I started blogging – books like Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.
6. Use more gifs, graphics. I always enjoy posts that employ gifs and pictures or homemade graphics. My posts seem so boring in comparison.
That’s all I have for now. I’m sure I’ll add some more as I read other’s resolutions. What are your resolutions for 2015?