This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish, is: Top Ten Most Unique Books I’ve Read (maybe the MC was really different, maybe it was the way it was written, a very unique spin on a genre or topic, etc.)
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Everything about this story is unique. The plot, the characters, the writing. I love it.
2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I’ve never read a book before with all the cross outs.
At first it annoyed me. It took me a bit to get used to, but I ended up loving it. I also ended up loving the progression of the writing throughout the series.
3. Mind Games by Kiersten White. Oh, Crazy, brilliant Fia. I adore her.
4. The Hallowed Ones by Lauren Bickle. An interesting genre mash-up: Amish + Vampires + World Religions. Can’t say this lived up to what I expected, but definitely unique.
5. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brenanan. Such a unique voice and a great twist on the “mind reading” trope.
Ok, so I only have a top 5. What unique books have you read?