As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s theme is top ten books you’d like to see as a tv show or movie.
1. Divergent. Yes I know this is going to be a movie, but it would be a great tv show. Action, romance, intrigue. And I would love to recast some of the characters.
2. The Night Circus. As either a movie or tv show. If the special effects are awesome and not cheesy. This would be amazing to see on screen.
3. The Kate Burkholder series. There was a Lifetime movie based off the first book, but it was pretty horrible. A little recasting and new writers and it would be a great serial/procedural.
4. The Passing Bells. Pretty much everything I read about this series compares it to Downton Abbey. I’ve never seen Downton Abbey, but this would probably have the same type of mass appeal. And Fenton Wood-Lacey and Martin Rilke in person? Sigh.
5. The Lux series. Teenage aliens. Perfect for the CW.
6. The Mortal Instruments. Enough humor, romance, action, and surprises to make this a long running series. And I would love the opportunity to recast from the movie.
7. Shatter Me. Juliet, Adam, Warner. This could be paired with the Lux series on the CW and be the best night of tv.
8. A Voice in the Wind. Action, faith, romance. This book has a little bit for everyone.
9. Gone Girl. Yes, this is going to be a movie, but it has enough potential to be a series. And there’s ton of opportunity to add to Amy and Nick’s backstory.
10. Anna and the French Kiss. This would be an adorable little show on ABC Family.