I’m excited to share that I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award by Lauren from Revolution for Breakfast. The Liebster Award is for up-and-coming blogs. I found a post with the history of it at Sophey Says. Currently the rules going around are to nominate 10 people with 200 followers or less, but it started as nominating 3-5 people with 3,000 followers or less. “Liebster” is German for “Dearest”.
The rules for accepting the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Link back the blogger that tagged you
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
Lauren’s questions are:
- Imagine you’re in Willy Wonka’s factory. Which candies do you gravitate toward?
Does the chocolate river count? Because I’d be all over that.
- You’re at a (really awesome) travel agency which allows you to spend your entire summer in one of the following fictional countries – which do you choose and why?: Wonderland (Alice in Wonderland) or Neverland (Peter Pan)?
I’d go with Wonderland. I have a much greater tolerance for Crazy than I do for kids.
- Do you play any instruments?
I don’t play anything well anymore. I used to play the flute, but haven’t picked it up in over a decade. I can play a teeny tiny bit of the piano.
- List 5 words you really love and 1 word you absolutely hate (for whatever reason).
Love: Desperate, Redonkulous, Yay!, Free, Chupacabra
- Aliens – do they exist and have they been to Earth already?
Ok, so I’m not some sci-fi enthusiast, but I think it’s possible. But I don’t think they’ve been to Earth. I think they stay on their planet blissfully ignorant like we do.
- Describe your favorite breakfast.
Chicken Biscuit from Chick-Fil-A
- Do you read comic books or graphic novels? If so, which ones?
I don’t, but I probably should. I love the tv shows and movies based off of them.
- Winter, summer, spring, or fall?
- Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? If so, which one(s)?
Um, yes. It’d be easier to list a fictional character I haven’t had a crush on. But I’ll just go with all the ones I can think of right now (and since they’re fictional characters, let’s all just pretend that they’re all over 18. Nothing Creepy here): Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables), Lincoln (Attachments), basically every Jane Austen man – Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, Henry Tilney, Captain Wentworth, etc. -, Four (Divergent), Martin Rilke (The Passing Bells), Daemon Black (Obsidian), Adam Kent and a little bit Warner, too (Shatter Me).
- You’re a Gamemaker in the Hunger Games and you have to create an arena……… Lol, jk. What’s something you would like your readers to know about you?
I started this blog because I read a TON and no one else I know really reads as much as I do. I also used to write a lot and haven’t in awhile – other than work related documents – so I wanted to build my writing skills with some regular practice that other people might actually read. I’m also always on the hunt for my next favorite book and following all of you have given me lots to add to me To-Read shelf.
Now onto my nominations. I’m going to go with the original “under 3000 followers” instead of the “under 200” (though, honestly, not all blogs say their followership, so who’s to know).
Mom With a Book
The In-Between Place
Bookmark Your Dreams
It’s me, Charlotte
Young at Heart
And your questions are:
1. I have a compulsive need to finish a series once I start it. What are your book compulsions?
2. Does a lot of hype surrounding a book make you more or less likely to read it?
3. What book do you love that you’re embarrassed to admit?
4. What book would you love to see as a movie – a movie that faithfully follows the book to a T?
5: How many books have you read this year?
6. Why did you start your blog? What do you to “promote” it?
7. If you could have any super power what would it be?
8. Who would play your favorite author in a movie?
9. If you read a book with terrific writing, but were unsatisfied with the story, do you still recommend it to others?
10. What’s the last book that really surprised you – good or bad?
There you go! Thanks again to Revolution for Breakfast for nominating me! To my nominees: If you decide to participate, don’t forget to leave me a comment with a link to your post with the answers!
10 thoughts on “The Liebster Award”
Thanks so much for this privilage!!! I am honored to accept it. The link to my post is: http://booklovers1.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/ive-been-nominated-for-the-liebster-award/
In response to question 9, I too have a crush on Gilbert Blythe. I mean, who hasn’t?? Its a shame that is is only fictional, though 🙂
I know! He’s pretty perfect. A couple years ago I had the opportunity to see a play that the guy who played Gilbert in the mini series was in. It made my year.
Super jealous!! It must have been amazing 😉
Aw, thanks :). Your questions were too fabulous not to answer! http://itsmecharlotte.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/and-again/
Thanks for the nomination! I can definitely relate to #10. I feel that a lot of book bloggers start blogging because they read a lot and wanted an outlet to talk about books (myself included). Also, yay chocolate river! Who doesn’t want a chance to swim in chocolate? 😉
You’re welcome! And I could use a nice chocolate river right about now haha.
thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! I really appreciate the nomination (seriously biggest smile on my face)! And here is where you can find my answers to all of your questions:
Thank you so much for the nomination! I’m so happy to see Lincoln on your fictional crushes list – I absolutely love him! : )
Pingback: I Got an Award! | booksoverflowers